- Billionaire Bill, the college dropout, offers “learning grants” through EDUCAUSE. No really, EDUCAUSE! You remember, the IT managers who whined about the Linden Labs fee increases.
- MIT Open Courseware
- High Country News, the Goat Blog — linkt in remembrance of the Mountain Goat so rudely killt Saturday.
- Visit of Menachen Begin and Aims of Political Movement Discussed. A letter to The New York Times, published in the “Books” section (Page 12) of Saturday December 4, 1948, by Albert Einstein, Hannah Arendt, Sidney Hook, et.al.
Among the most disturbing political phenomena of our times is the emergence in the newly created state of Israel of the “Freedom Party” (Tnuat Haherut), a political party closely akin in its organization, methods, political philosophy and social appeal to the Nazi and Fascist parties. It was formed out of the membership and following of the former Irgun Zvai Leumi, a terrorist, right-wing, chauvinist organization in Palestine. The current visit of Menachem Begin, leader of this party…
- “If you think you can use me, drop me a line.” HST, job hunting, 1958.
- Istanbul Conference on Freedom of Speech, remarks by Noam Chomsky
- Decoding the GM debate
- Monsanto does not own Blackwater, they just engaged them for a little security work
- Colorado Republican candidate for Senate Ken Buck: Gays are like alcoholics. Somebody sic a mountain goat on that rube.
- Americans Who Tell the Truth, by Robert Shetterly
- The rich get richer… scrutinizing the elite
- Time Goes By –
all those Wall Streeters with their MBAs from the finest colleges in the land are either monumentally unqualified for their jobs or they knew exactly what they were doing and didn’t mind sinking the economy to rake in their millions before the roof caved in.
- Your happiness quotient
- Rand Paul, Christian Reconstructionism, and what it means to be just another right wing whack job